Human Resource Management | BUS 1104
This course will cover human resource management practices in areas of human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training and development, performance appraisal, compensation, discipline, safety audits, and personnel research. It includes applications in employment law and discussion of interface of line and staff responsibilities in organization.
1st year student
- Synthesize information regarding the effectiveness of recruiting methods and the validity of selection procedures, and make appropriate staffing decisions.
- Properly interpret salary survey data and design a pay structure with appropriate pay grades and pay ranges.
- Demonstrate knowledge of employee benefit concepts, plan design, administrative considerations and regulations governing employee benefit practices.
- Evaluate a company's implementation of a performance-based pay system.
- Design a training program using a useful framework for evaluating training needs, designing a training program, and evaluating training results.
Introduction to Human Resource Management A Guide to HR in Practice. 2014. Charles Leatherbarrow, Janet Fletcher