Bachelors of Academic Martial Arts
The course descriptions may be viewed in the course catalog.
This course is a continuation of learning and implementing the basics of a comprehensive and academic based martial arts program. Completion of this course is the equivalent of a 1st degree Black Belt. There are four additional semesters to achieve the Bachelor of Academic Martial Arts. – AMA 3301, AMA 3302, AMA 3401, and AMA 3402.
AMA 3301 (Semester 1)
AMA 3302 (Semester 2)
AMA 3401 (Semester 3)
AMA 3402 (Semester 4)
The minimal amount of practice time for the Bachelors curriculum is 600 training hours. Students must document training hours and the sections practiced.
The curriculum and requirements are listed alphabetically and are not intended to be in a specific order or sequence of learning. Students should learning and practice multiple skills simultaneously.
In the Bachelors program students will:
- Develop and academic and scholarly approach to the study of martial arts
- Perform physical skills at a proficient level including explaining the name, origin, anatomy, and physiology of each technique.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in different meditation techniques
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the origins and development of martial arts systems
- Develop the knowledge and skills worthy of a Black Belt
Anatomy, Biology, Fine Arts, First Aid, Foreign Language, Geography, History, Performing Arts, Physical Education, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology.
Martial Arts Curriculum:
Activity Skills, Blocks/Avoidance, Escapes, Falling, Footwork, General Skills, Grappling (Wrestling), Healing, Immobilization, Katas, Leadership, Locks, Lock Picking, Arm Bars, Controlling Techniques, Meditation, Navigation, Philosophy, Physical Conditioning, Pressure Points, Psionics, Related Skills, Rolling, Sparring, Spiritual, Fire Walk, Stealth, Survival Skills, Throws, Weapons
Write scholarly article about any aspect of martial arts training. Include and analysis and synthesis of distancing, timing, balance, attention, and application.